Starting a New Site
We are now taking applications for Fall 2017!
Applications must be received by July 31, 2017.
We look forward to bringing Girls on the Run and Heart & Sole to more locations in Bexar and Kendall Counties. We are frequently asked how to start a program at a new location.
We currently have sites in Alamo Heights ISD, Boerne ISD, Northside ISD, and San Antonio ISD. We are looking forward to expanding into all school districts. You can help us get started in your school district by contacting your district administration to let them know you want us there!
Girls on the Run programs are conducted at public, private, and charter schools in Bexar and Kendall Counties, as well as in partnership with community-based organizations such as the YMCA and Boys and Girls Clubs (we are already at the Calderon and Eastside branches!).
The following guidelines should help to get the process started at your location. We strongly encourage those interested in starting a program to volunteer as a coach at an existing site to learn through experience how a season runs.
GOTR provides the following program support:
- 10-week GOTR program curriculum (fall and/or spring program options) open to 8-15 girls
- All program materials and supplies
- Coach training and certification, and support throughout the season
- End-of-season Girls on the Run 5k for all girls in the program
New sites must provide the following to be considered for a GOTR program:
- A Site Liaison
- Program support and approval from the school principal, assistant principal, or site director
- A safe, dedicated outdoor space for running
- The program meets for 90 minutes a day, two times per week, for ten weeks
- A track is preferred, but a field or black top is also acceptable
- The designated area should be separate from other activities
- Secure storage area for program supplies, snacks, etc.
- A consistent rain location that is indoors and private (a gym that is reserved for GOTR and separate from other programs is preferred)
- A participant recruitment plan and its execution (GOTR will provide marketing collateral)
- Registration of no less than 8 and no more than 15 girls
- Three coach candidates who will be trained by Girls on the Run
- Be available for the 20 program dates/times over the 10 week program
- Participate in the Girls on the Run 5K at the end of the season
- Attend and get certified at the GOTR coach training
- At least one coach per team must be CPR/FA certified
- Pass a background check
If you would like further information, please Contact Us.
To apply as a new site, submit the application below.